INTEGRITY - SERVICE - VALUE
The Goldsboro Builders Supply Family of Companies.
Arthur Lee Perry came to Goldsboro in 1953,
opening a retail building supply store on Carolina Street, naming it Goldsboro
Builders Supply. Becoming a part owner, Mr. C.L. Lynn managed the store until
he died in 1963. At that time, Arthur Lee permanently moved to Goldsboro to
handle the day-to-day operations of Goldsboro Builders Supply where he later
founded and managed the first affiliate company, Perry Concrete, beginning in
1964 until it was sold in 1980.
In early 1979, the very first building
supply affiliate in Mt. Olive, North Carolina was commenced, naming it Number
One Builders Supply. In 1980, the third building supply affiliate Builders
Bargain Center of Goldsboro was organized. Arthur Lee's son, David Perry,
joined the company full time in 1982 after graduating from East Carolina
In 1983, the forth building supply
affiliate, Builders Bargain Center of Greenville, opened. In 1985, an
additional organization, Coastal Building Components Truss Plant was launched
in Kinston. The last 2 ventures have since been sold.
In 1986, Arthur Lee Perry died tragically in
a house fire appointing son, David Perry, minority shareholder with his uncle.
In 1989, the fifth building supply
affiliate, Builders Bargain Center of Kinston, opened in the former Coastal
Building Components facility.
David Perry became the sole owner in
1990, of the five building supply businesses, having purchased all of his
uncle's interest. Builders Bargain Center of Fayetteville, the sixth building
supply organization, opened in 1991.
During the 1990's, the 7th and 8th
building supply affiliates, Builders Bargain Center of Sanford and Wilmington
opened. Both of these affiliates have since been closed and consolidated into
the other stores. In 1995, Builders Bargain Center of Goldsboro relocated and
changed its business model to reflect Ace Home Center. In 2000, Ace Home Center
closed and the shopping center where it operated was the beginning of the
company's commercial real estate business. The center is currently where the
Goldsboro Commons/ Harris Teeter now operates.
The company then diversified into real
estate and construction related businesses in Eastern North Carolina.
Warehouses, mini storage facilities, offices, apartments, strip centers and
commercial & residential developments are currently apart of its portfolio.
In 2006, Goldsboro Builders Supply
eagerly moved to its current location at 701Patetown Road. The state of the
art, 15-acre facility offers 7,000 sq. ft. of showroom/ display area, 5,000 sq.
ft. of offices, 110,000 sq. ft. of warehouse, 8,000 sq. ft. millwork shop, and
a lumber yard.
In 2007, Builders Bargain Center of
Kinston refined its business model becoming Kinston Builders Supply.
In 2012, the company purchased the
assets of Morehead Builders Supply located in Morehead City, NC. The company began operations in 1947, making
it the oldest company in the building supply group. Also in 2012, the operating name of Number
One Builders Supply was change to Mount Olive Builders Supply.
The Goldsboro Builders Supply Family
of Companies is a diverse group of companies operating in the building supply
business, residential development, residential and commercial real estate and
mini storage businesses throughout eastern North Carolina.